Anyone I know who gravitates to the Primal/Paleo Diet seems to acquire an additional title in quick fashion: Foodie. It was when I stopped adding sugar or sweetener to my food that I discovered a new palette of tastes that I never knew existed. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll probably always deal with having a sweet tooth at some level. But when sugar was removed from my diet, I seemed to re-discover food. I re-discovered flavors I’d never given a full chance to.
In a follow-up post, I’ll share my “go to” sites for trying out great recipes, but in the meantime, here is a simple recipe that many others have discovered as a simple formula for making a Primal/Paleo meal. Ready?
- Select the meat of your choice
- Rub some coconut oil over the surface
- Grab one spice or variety of spices to your liking
- Sprinkle the spices on your meat
- Cook your meat (crock pot, grill, bbq, etc.)
- Add veggies, bacon or more meat to the dish