In this case, it’s just the opposite. Primal/Paleo Eating IS Just a Crock – crock-pot that is. And Thank God it is!
This time of year, especially, you couldn’t have a more appropriate and timely product in your kitchen than the beloved Crock Pot. It’s versatile, efficient, safe and easy to clean up.
Case in point: many people find excuses why they can’t do anything. So in the case of eating Primal/Paleo, it’s easy to say food preparation takes a lot of time. So, here is what I did yesterday in order to make a meal that will feed me 3-4 times this week:
- Place Crock Pot on counter: 10 seconds
- Open package of meat (chicken, pork, beef, etc.): 15 seconds
- Grab coconut oil or olive oil and rub it over the meat and place in crock pot: 30 seconds
- Combine any concoction of spices that you enjoy, mix then and rub or pour the spices over the meat: 90 seconds (generous allowance time to find your spices)
- Grab some celery, carrots, parsnips, and CAREFULLY slice them: 180 seconds (we don’t want to rush this point since safety in the kitchen is a must)
- Pour the veggies around the meat and plug in the crock pot, setting it to low: 30 seconds
There are some fantastic change ups you can add to your crock pot meal and there are any number of recipes to that extent. Everyday Paleo’s Smokey Roast actually uses coffee in its rub – and it’s oh-so-good!